Cycling and mountain biking
To enjoy and explore the National Park region, the bike is probably the best means of transport. Leisurely cycle along a bike path or get sporty and ride up and into the mountains – the choice is yours! Please inquire about the opening hours of the paths and huts before travelling.
- Cycling tour Stappitzersee lake, Raineralm: 9.6 km, 100 m altitude difference, EASY, tip: the wonderful Seebachtal with the natural jewel Stappitzersee lake with a stop on the Raineralm or the Alpenrose restaurant.
- Roundtrip Dösental Valley with Wolligger Hut: 12.6 km, 433 m altitude difference, MEDIUM, Tip: Ideal E-Bike Tour
- Bike tour Jamnigalm: 9 km, 460 m altitude difference, DIFFICULT, Tip: TOP view and stop at the Jamnigalm or Stockerhütte
- Kaponig, Stranighütte, Pfaffenberg: 16.8 km, 956 m altitude difference, DIFFICULT, Tip: great round trip with a stop at the Stranighütte
- Polinik hut: 10.4 km, 1.208 m altitude difference, DIFFICULT, tip: Pinnacle stage of the region with a stop at the Polinikhütte
- Enjoy a leisurely cycle on the Glockner cycle path “Glocknerradweg”
- Cycle far into the distance on the Alpe Adria cycle path
- NEW - Cycling & mountain bike map for the Middle and Lower Mölltal Valley - Available free of charge in the holiday information or at your host hotel
Leisure & Cycling Sprinter Hohe Tauern
From 30 May to 13 September there is a direct connection from the city and the lake to the Hohe Tauern National Park to Mallnitz twice a day! Ticket: EUR 16.00 per adult and EUR 11,00 per child. This is the ideal opportunity to get to know Mallnitz - be it on a family bike tour through the Tauern Valley to the natural jewel Stappitzer See lake (known from 9 places - 9 treasures) - or on one of the many hiking and high alpine mountain tours.
A visit to the Hohe Tauern Visitor Centre National Park is definitely worthwhile! We are looking forward to many visitors!
Families and people who are active in sport will particularly appreciate this offer of the Austrian train company “ÖBB” in Carinthia: "The new bike sprinters between Mallnitz and Villach have enough space for bicycles, are easy to use and very cost-effective. This makes this new offer suitable for all leisure activities, whether by bike or a hike along the route,". A special highlight is the CARINTHIja bicycle trolley. This was artistically designed in cooperation with the elementary school Lind ob Velden and the children's painting school and along its railway track it will cross and connect peoples."
- Villach - Mallnitz departs 9:07 a.m. and 1:10 p.m.
- Mallnitz - Villach departs 10:25 a.m. and 2:25 p.m.
- 1 stop only in Spittal/Millstättersee
- (Train) Use from 30 May to 13 September 2020
- 223 seats and 209 bicycle parking spaces per train
- Guaranteed connections from all Carinthian S-Bahn lines in Villach
- For more information, please visit www.oebb.at
On the theme ...
Carinthian Station Shuttel
With the good train connections and the convenient Carinthian Station Shuttle, your holiday already starts at your arrival - no matter where you are staying in Carinthia
- comfortabel - We take you directly from the railway station