National Park Hohe Tauern Carinthia
Interesting facts about the National Park Hohe Tauern
- With 1,856 km2 area it is the largest protected area in Central Europe
- Covers the counties of Carinthia, Salzburg, East Tyrol
- 878 km of hiking trails in Carinthia alone
- 266 mountain peaks, 551 mountain lakes, approx. 250 glaciers
- Highest mountain in Austria: Grossglockner 3,798 m
The National Park Hohe Tauern offers a wealth of experiences - several thousand kilometres of well-marked and well-maintained hiking trails, excursions and wildlife observations led by national park rangers and much more.
Nature, animals and plants
With over more than 10,000 animal and plant species - which are observable 365 days per year - the largest protected area of the Eastern Alps lives up to its name in terms of fauna and flora. Over the years evolution, immigration, and displacement have led to a multi-layered animal world feeling at home in the Hohe Tauern. In addition, we find up to a third of all Austrian plant species in the Hohe Tauern.
Experience all this with the diverse ranger program of the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Tour from Mallnitz into the Seebach Valley – on the trails of the red deer
- Heiligenblut high mountain hike on the glacier trail “Pasterze”
On the theme ...
Tauernhöhenweg in the Ankogel, Glockner and Goldberg groups!
A very special link for your individual tour planning:
With the interactive tour planner you can create any individual tour in the ...
Picturesque nature, fantastic panorama and clear mountain air: Mallnitz as a high valley is embedded in the fascinating mountain world of the Hohe Tauern.
The king of the air, wildly roaring waterfalls and a crevice from which ice-cold air flows. One thing is clear: you won't hear "How much longer?" on the family hike through the Seebach Valley.
You want to go up, we'll drive you there: Mountain air is good for the heart, the lungs and of course the soul. You are lucky if you can breathe as much of it as possible. Around the Mallnitz high ...
Carinthian Station Shuttel
With the good train connections and the convenient Carinthian Station Shuttle, your holiday already starts at your arrival - no matter where you are staying in Carinthia
- comfortabel - We take you directly from the railway station